Wednesday, January 27, 2010

14 Weeks

Today marks the 14 week milestone. Why a milestone you may ask? Well, it means I'm entering the second trimester - the one so many people kept reassuring me would bring better times. And yes, it's true! I feel like a brand new woman - no nausea in the past few days and much more energy. I must admit I was a little disappointed that I wasn't enjoying pregnancy. Really it makes a girl feel like a failure in the first stages of motherhood.

No, wait. That was something else. I have officially experienced my first mom failure. You remember seeing that first ultrasound image, the one where the baby just looked like a peanut? The first ever picture of my first ever baby? Yeah, well I lost it. Correction - I lost them! We had two copies, and we lost both!

I vividly remember using it as a bookmark in a book I was reading from the library. I was only doing that to keep it from getting bent in my purse. Well, when I realized I couldn't find it, I headed straight to the library to see if it was still in the book I was reading called Feed the Belly. Turns out the book has been checked out. I can only hope this other mother-to-be will know how important that picture is and bring it back. I can't tell you how humiliating it was to explain to the librarian that I had lost the very first picture of my child. Total failure. I'm still holding out hope that it will turn up around here somewhere.

Ah, the comfort of a dress. I think I'll be purchasing quite a few of these to carry me through the pregnancy :)

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh my gosh...how cute you look! I love the dress, but most of all I LOVE the smile on your face. I have been missing that! You asked Matt this weekend if he wanted to see the picture. Did you have it with you then?? Can you print a copy from the one on your computer??

Sarah C said...

I have that one. It's the first one I lost. I did scan it, but it's just not the real one :(

Sheila said...

Oh I forgot there was two! I remember it now. Maybe if you are desperate enough you can see if there is one in your file at the doctor...

Sheila said...

There were two...

What I am is a......Good Southern Girl said...

Sarah, cut yourself some slack honey! If you cannot find the original pics, your Dr. office can print you a new one (I would think?) I love the dress! I had a black and white dress I wore both pregnancies, and my sister-in-law wore it, and my best friend. We wanted to have a burn party when we were all finished lol!

melissa said...

Dresses will become your best friend, esp. when you get closer to the hot, hot weather!! I hated anything pressing against my tummy, and I agree w/her, you should be able to get another copy from your ultrasound tech, cuz they have that in their computer...

jpb43hogs said...

So glad you are feeling better and have regained some energy. Miss you! Papaw

jpb43hogs said...

So glad you are feeling better and have regained some energy. Miss you. Papaw