Our annual Christmas get-together with our high school buds was such a blast. Andrew wanted to do hors d'oeuvres instead of a meal so hors d'oeuvres it was.
On the Menu:
- Homemade Potato Skins
- Apple, Ham and Swiss Sandwiches (Trust me. They're delicious. Thanks Greg and Jessica for letting me steal your recipe!)
- Apples and Dip
- Aubrey's Spinach Dip (Give me a break here. I'm tired and pregnant.)
- Pigs in a Blanket (a la Kenny)
- Sausage Balls (a la Kenny)
- Homemade Cookies and Cream Ice Cream with Chocolate Cake and Hot Fudge
- Punch and Wassail
For the first time in my life, I actually put people to work when they arrived. Usually people walk in, the food is ready, and we eat. This time I totally underestimated the time it would take to make the potato skins, so everybody had a job putting them together. I think it was worth it though. They disappeared pretty fast :)

On to the best part of the evening - Game time!

The boys started out with some success.

We girls swiftly robbed them of that. Andrew may have helped us out with that when he couldn't hum the tune of Pink Panther. It was actually kind of painful to watch; I really wanted to help him!

After all that intensity, we took a brief break to chat and catch up. Half of the couples live out of town, so we had a lot of talking to do.

A McAffry Game Night just wouldn't be complete without a round of Catchphrase. Luke always makes sure of that.

I love these people so much. They have brought much joy to our lives and marriage. Can't wait for next year.

2 comments:
I'm glad you're feeling better and your blogging hiatus is over. The black and whites are a nice touch. By the way, thanks for recommending to Jason that he get rid of this dinosaur.
Lol..next year I am going to follow your lead and not argue with the boys. It gets us no where but looking dumb.=) You always throw an amazing get together, Thanks Sarah!
Post a Comment