Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Neglect

With all the Baby Mac coverage recently, Milly has been feeling a bit neglected.

She gave us quite a scare last Friday. When I got home, she started her breathing problem. I wasn't worried at first because it happens pretty often - especially when she gets excited. Usually we can just pick her up, and she will calm down within a few seconds. This time, however, after Andrew and I both tried soothing her for several minutes, she continued. We took her in right away for an emergency doctor visit. Though she stopped about halfway to the vet, Dr. Hilla, whom I highly recommend at Callahan Animal Hospital, diagnosed her right away. Her strange gasping/snorting sound is apparently called a reverse sneeze. He assured us that it was nothing to worry about. Maybe not, but when your dog can hardly breathe for about five minutes, it's enough to scare you pretty good.

Jury's still out on how Milly will react to the new addition.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

What a sweet puppy she is.