They were so good though! A slightly fresher, tastier version of Dunkin' Donuts - my pick over Krispy Kreme any day.
Trying to get in as much family time as we could, Andrew and I hung out on the porch with his Grandpa for the rest of the morning.
Unable to eat a standard turkey sandwich or PB&J, we opted for the local favorite In-N-Out.
We're thinking of opening up a McAffry franchise in K-Town. Whaddayathink?
I know what he thinks about it.
I just can't get enough of this little one.
Love that Angels hat. A baseball player in the making.
Or is that a surfer in the making?
I went to the neighborhood pool with Susan, Lynn, Ian and Grandma for the afternoon while Andrew visited with his Grandpa some more. Then it was time to head back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding.
But not before spiting Andrew by taking another self-portrait in the scarf that he said I look, and I quote here, "ridiculous" in. Can anybody guess where it's from? (Hint: Check out the print.)
Uncle Rick with granddaughter Taylor.
My lovely mother-in-law.
Have I mentioned I need a zoom lens? This picture does not do the bride and groom justice. They were radiant and the setting breathtaking.
Laura carried this beautiful pink color throughout the decor.
Notice the western themed toppers and rope trailing down the cake.
The Snow family. Even though they live in Powell, I've seen them more in California this week than I have in the last year all together.
The Williams family who graciously hosted us on our two previous CA trips when we were too young to even rent a car!
Here is their sweet Allie that I just met on this trip. How cute is that face?
Love that guy.
Ian just decided to carry the nut bowl around with him.
He was looking pretty dapper in that suit. I think he knew how good he looked. He was definitely enjoying the camera action.
The wedding was such fun. Definitely the swankiest wedding I've ever attended but with lots of personal touches. To carry through the western theme, the entire wedding party wore cowboy boots: groomsmen wore black, bridesmaids wore white and the five flower girls and ring bearers wore miniature versions of the same. The groomsmen even wore cowboy hats. Lucky for me, in lieu of the typical free style dancing, they taught line dances instead. Yay for the uncoordinated person who can't dance! Play "Ice Ice Baby" and I run as fast as I can for the buffet line, but give me the "Boot, Scootin, Boogie" and I can dance the night away.
Seating the entire family from Tennessee at one table might have not been the best idea. Kind of felt like a zoo exhibit - "Look! There's the family from Tennessee!" I guess requesting and singing Rocky Top at the top of our lungs didn't really help our case either.
Really though, the wedding was a beautiful way to end our time in SoCal with most of the family all in one place. Matt, Melissa and their families were definitely missed, but with cousin Brittany's wedding next May, we have another shot for getting everybody together.

2 comments:
I am all for the In-n-Out burger franchise in Knoxville. I wish you could bring a few of those home with you!!!
The wedding looked wonderful. I am so proud of you for dancing the night away! Maybe you can share your new moves when you get home? The burger pic with Andrew was too funny. P.S. Vangogh, I'm lovin' the self-portraits.
Post a Comment