Those loyal Handwriting on the Wall readers (all three of you) might remember these cookies appearing two other times in my posts, here and here. You might even say I have a slight obsession.
Well just imagine my surprise when the French exchange student I met this summer brought out this tin of cookies (insert gasps of excitement). Only problem was they were a gift for Mme Taylor. It would have been pure torture to watch her walk out the door with these cookies that are nowhere to be found this side of the Atlantic.
Lucky for me she is one of the most generous people I know. She sent me home with the whole tin! I never would have believed anything could top the standard crisp butter cookie, but this version had tiny bits of caramel that actually did improve upon the original.
I don't indulge in regular manicures or pedicures, fancy makeup or hair treatments, but I do believe La Mere Poulard will become a regular treat for me. I found them online!

3 comments:
hey Sarah, just caught up on your California post...Im really sad we missed it...the grandkids look so much older now...but, never fear, we will be there come May/10 !!! and if noone has said it yet, thank you for always being diligent about taking pics for us, we get to see things through your eyes, that we would otherwise see....
I second the cookie rave--thank you for sharing your covetted cookies.
ummmm...is it possible you could save one for me?
Post a Comment