Monday, August 31, 2009

The Journey


Just last week Rachel came by my room and said she found a blog I should read. How crazy is it that the blog she was talking about is one I've actually been reading for months. Out of the millions of blogs out there, we both happened upon this same one. I have been selfishly keeping it to myself, so I'm now sharing it with you. If you're ever in need of a good dose of reality or humility, this blog is just the ticket. Tonight in fact, I walked in from a jewelry party wishing I could have afforded the $40 bracelet I wanted. Solution: Read Katie's latest post and instantly realize - Who freaking cares about the dang bracelet!?! Problem solved. How to respond to the life she lives is a problem I haven't quite figured out yet.

Please Note: If and only if you have an entire box of tissue at hand, please take the leap over to The Journey. Read the August 14th post for some background on Katie's journey.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow, I can't stop reading. This is the post that did it for me...

http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/2009/08/friends-and-family-and-stalkers-just.html

melissa said...

wow....such a love for serving the Lord, I keep reading on and on and about all that shes accomplished, and totally forget shes ONLY 20....Wow....God has put on my heart about serving him more thru missions lately...she makes it that much more exciting for me...thanks Sarah!!