Sunday, August 23, 2009

Why I Love Him

I woke up yesterday morning with a nervous stomach hoping I could make it one more day without spilling the beans about Andrew's surprise graduation party. I was so excited that I actually started cleaning house to make use of all my energy. Don't worry, it didn't take long before I tired of that and headed to Moms.

Nana came all the way from Arkansas to help with the party. Aren't her creations beautiful?
Almost so beautiful you don't want to eat them. Almost.

The party went off without a - errr - with a few hitches. Everyone waited for nearly two hours before Andrew arrived. Something about a golf game. I won't go into details though. Let it go, Sarah. Let it go.

I tried to document all the hours before Andrew arrived, so he would know what he missed.

We did save him some of his favorite Cole burgers.

Dad was grilling burgers and hotdogs for 40 people, so this was his station for the night.

The babies were representing.

They showed up in full force.

Andrew strolled in around 7:45 and was shocked to find forty of his favorite people waiting for him.

Mom and Dad graciously let us invade their house (and fridge and pantry and garden) for the partay.

Ahhhh sibling love. (Not pictured: Matt grabbing Andrew's rear end.)

Thanks to Uncle Steve for most of the pictures. He stepped in when I got a little emotional.

Dad and I doing what we do best - preparing dessert.

Mama Ese, Papaw Johnny, Nana and my great aunt and uncle went in with me for Andrew's graduation gift.

A 40 inch Sony Bravia.

My family talked for weeks about how excited Andrew was going to be. How I would never get the remote again for all the baseball games he'd be watching. But this was his first comment to me. "We're gonna be renting lots more movies now so we can hang out on the couch and watch them together." Cue melting heart!

And on the way home, fishing for some compliments, I said, "Honey, is this the best gift ever?" He immediately responded, "No, all those people there tonight were the best gift ever." Cue single tear.

Even though I'm the one he sees everyday, he still said I was the one he wanted to hug first. I wish all women felt as wanted and special as he makes me feel.
He has thanked me no less than 30 times and has rehashed the party all day still questioning why he so many people care that much about him. Thank you to everyone who made last night one of the most fun, meaningful nights of our lives.

Rachel and Jason provided one of the more interesting gifts of the night.

Can you guess what's in the bag? Are you following me camera guy? Andrew had to test it out the minute we walked in the door.

Hop on over to Kirkpatrick's Corner for a special announcement.

I am officially the odd one out.

4 comments:

AReed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AReed said...

I feel like I am going to be the odd one out! All of our group will have babies around the same age..and mine are a lot older.

Rachel said...

Andrew is such a lucky boy to have such a caring wife.

Sheila said...

You are both so special and you deserve each other! And I mean that in the most positive way!! Thanks for letting us share the day. We are so proud and happy to have Andrew as a member of our family!!