Sunday, August 30, 2009

At a Premium

If the first two weeks of this semester are any indication of how the rest of the year will be, I'm in for a good one.  My students are wonderful, my new lesson plans haven't bombed, and my stress level is lower than ever even though my free time seems to be at a premium.  We did, however, carve some time out Saturday afternoon to enjoy the new Sony Bravia.  I'm now officially addicted to On Demand and MyDVR.  I never have to miss another episode of Real Housewives again!  (I'm even more embarrassed now to admit I'm still watching it despite their crazy antics.)  I did discover a new show through On Demand that is much less embarrassing to admit to watching - Royal Pains.  I'd never seen an episode before Saturday, but I've now seen four.  Yep - we watched four straight episodes.  What was that I said about my free time being at a premium?  I guess I should take that back.


Saturday I had hoped we could go to the concert at the Square Room, but we settled for sharing a dessert at Cafe 4 with John Curtis and Brooke and peeking through the window instead.  Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Andrew and I were both kind of lost after church today without going to Mom and Dads for the traditional Sunday lunch.   They were up in Johnson City moving Matt in at ETSU - only one year left!  Thankfully, Andrew is totally, completely, absolutely, utterly finished at ETSU.  In fact, we rushed up there Friday to pick up his diploma before coming back to help with Homecoming fundraising at the Powell football game.  You should see this guy in his new suit.  I dare somebody to try to resist hiring him.  He is one good lookin' businessman.

This picture of the diploma will have to do.  He refused to take a picture in the suit because he knew I'd be bloggin' it.


I got to spend Sunday afternoon with this little guy.  Click here to see more.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

The baby pics are too cute. I hope your filing all those cute picture ideas for sometime down the road.

Sheila said...

Love the diploma picture. I am a proud mother in law!

What a coincidence that Royal Pains is my very favorite show. Have we not discussed this before?? The DVR is addictive!!

We missed Sunday lunch as well.

melissa said...

you really captured his "newborn-ness"...great job, thats sometimes hard to do..Ive updated my blog too, so check it out...