Thursday, June 18, 2009

Say Hello To My Little Friend

I was so excited to take this family's maternity pictures because I grew up with Rebekah.  I even named one of my dolls after her.  I'm glad I didn't scare her off at four years old - that is some pretty creepy behavior!  Our families went camping together several times, so we share some pretty funny memories.  Anybody remember gravy butt?  Okay, it's just rude of me to hint at a funny story without sharing, so here goes.... (Hopefully Bekah won't kill me for this!)

Both of our families are sitting around the campfire at Cumberland Mountain State Park, probably listening to the Vols or the Braves on the radio, and we are just about to eat the breakfast that our Moms likely spent an hour preparing.  Bekah forgot something - a fork, a knife, a napkin, I don't know - I don't remember because the next few moments are the ones that became sealed in my memory for eternity.  She walks back by the fire, sits down in her comfy camping chair, and prompty asks, "Where did I leave my plate?"  About that time, she realized she was, in fact, sitting on her plate - her plate of biscuits and gravy nonetheless.  It couldn't have been the morning for dry toast or scrambled eggs.  She had to plop her tail down in a plate of warm, thick, greasy southern-style gravy.  In that moment, she earned the nickname "gravy butt."  If you're not laughing your head off right now, I must have not done the story justice because to this day, it is one of the funniest moments of my life.
   
Click here for more.

By the way, this old beat up truck is my new best friend! Anyone with a photo shoot in the near future should expect to see this in their pictures. I stumbled on it the other day, and I'm already so worried that it won't be around very long, so I plan to use it as much as possible!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I will always have the best memories of our times with the Parricks! The gravy butt was the funniest thing ever!! But I do recall a certain screen door at their house that was hilarious as well!!! I am hysterical right now! And I am in my conference!

Sarah C said...

I'm not quite ready to share that story!