
Yes, that's a pearl earring. Not pearl earrings. Not a pair. Just one. I read Girl With a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier (based on the above Vermeer painting) several years ago. Well, last night, I became the girl with a pearl earring. I never leave my home without my pearl earrings on. They are the perfect accessory. They go with every outfit, making it just a touch more dressy, and somehow they magically soften the face. (Don't you agree? Tell me that's not just in my head.) Seriously, I don't even go running without these earrings on. After working in the flower beds yesterday afternoon, I realized one of my beloved pearls was missing. Too bad the potting soil and a little water won't grow me some new, bigger pearls. Looks like I'll be saving up for another pair. My sensitive skin won't allow me to wear the fake ones, so luckily Penney's sells them for about $40. Not too much of an investment for an accessory I have worn almost daily for the last four years.

No comments:
Post a Comment