Rachel and I left Monday to take a group of 27 Beta Club members to the state convention at Opryland Hotel. When I tell most people about this, they say something like, "Oh my! 27 teenagers running around a hotel for three days?" I really can't complain much, though; they are all great kids so we don't have to worry about their behavior. Seriously, we had to force some of them to go to the dance Tuesday night. Plus, Rachel and I get a free stay at the Opryland for two nights and a complimentary sponsor breakfast on Tuesday morning. Possibly the best breakfast of my year. (Well, except for the whole Paris thing!) After going through the buffet, my plate looked like I was ready for Thanksgiving dinner - eggs, hashbrowns, blueberry muffin, yogurt with granola, and fresh strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and pineapple! The trip is worth it every year just for that feast! We always hit the fitness center to try to burn off at least a few of those calories!

I had to get their group picture while they were all gussied up for the dance. Too bad you can't see their outfits! I need to work on my group picture taking skills.


No comments:
Post a Comment