Sunday, April 20, 2008

Life Is Good

Even though Andrew and I aren't in the best of financial situations with him being in school right now, I am always amazed at God's provision for us.  Every weekend when I sit down to do our finances, everything seems to balance within a few dollars.  Only the power of God can explain that.  

This weekend was wonderful.  Friday we got an unexpected call from some friends from high school that are getting married this summer.  They asked us to go bowling, and seeing how we were asleep on the couch at 6:00 on a Friday night (and we are 24 years old) we decided we should go!  Though it was definitely worth spending our blow money, I must admit I was surprised to find that it costs $20 for two people to bowl two games.  And, by the way, I beat Chuck, the most athletic guy in our high school, in our last bowling game.  He was a little frustrated to say the least.  

Saturday we hung out with Kenny and Angelina and watched a $1 rented movie.  If you haven't tried the Redbox machine at Wal-Mart, I highly recommend it.  $1 per movie per day.  You can't beat that.  

Today I talked Andrew into going to the outlets with me to get him some clothes.  This is quite a big deal.  I am thinking he agreed to it because of the immense guilt he must have felt after leaving a pen in the washing machine that ruined an entire load of laundry last week.  Needless to say, we were in need of some replacements.  

Even more exciting, we are going camping at the end of May, going to Paris for a week at the beginning of June, and I am going on a road-trip out west with my family while Andrew visits his in California at the end of June.  Life is good.  God is good.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Sounds like a good weekend!! I too am looking forward to our westward trek!! Would you like to borrow a Life is Good t-shirt? Rmemeber I have 30 of them!!

Sarah C said...

That is hilarious. Andrew just asked me yesterday if you were trying to collect them all. He said everytime he sees you, you are wearing a different one!

Mark B said...

I have a small collection of them myself too. (Thanks to Sheila) Coincidentally I'm wearing one today. I hope Denver is included in your westward journey!!

Sheila said...

Not only included but the purpose of the whole trip!!