Just add 3/4 cup water, 1 tablespoon Dunkin Donuts medium roast espresso, skim milk to the marked line, 1 teaspoon vanilla syrup and a dash of cinnamon and you have yourself a delightful cappuccino. It might sound like a bit too much work for 5:30 in the morning, but I'm telling you, it's worth it. And I think I just might be in the running for the best wife award for making this for Andrew every morning...well, for two mornings in a row at least! Give me a break, it took me about 4 tries last week to figure out how to use this thing! I always told myself I didn't like coffee drinks (because I had never tried them), so I was able to resist the Starbucks obsession. However, over Christmas break, while out ice skating with friends, I succumbed to the pressure and tried a vanilla latte. My world was changed in an instant. As a water-only drinker for the last, oh I don't know, 10 years, this was a BIG DEAL! Luckily, my lovely mother gave me all the Starbucks gift cards that she got from her students for Christmas. I allowed myself one latte per week, so the gift cards lasted about 2 months. But being the penny pincher I am, when the gift cards were gone, it meant my Starbucks runs were too.
Then around mid-March the Williams-Sonoma catalog arrived with this Bialetti Mukka Cappuccino/Latte Maker on the cover. As any wife would do, I promptly told Andrew that if he needed to find a $100 gift for me, this would do. As any husband would do, he promptly asked to borrow $100! Anyway, as I crossed the finish line of the half-marathon, my doubly lovely mother surprised me with this! If only she liked cappuccino, I would make her one to express my gratitude. And, by the way, I have continued to realize as I get older that I just might be a little spoiled... But a grateful heart counts for something right?
So this is my official invitation for anyone interested in a homemade cup of cappuccino. Lets pull up a chair and sit a spell. I just might slice you up a piece of friendship bread as well!

3 comments:
Actually, you're in the running for Wife of the Year for the fourth year in a row. You already won the last three years.
And I didn't even pay him to say that! At least now I know he reads this!
Awwwwwww!!
Post a Comment