Tuesday, February 9, 2010

How Bad Could That Be?

This post is pure evidence that I am pregnant and past the sick phase. I am officially enjoying food again. Just a disclaimer: I have been eating healthy things, too. It's just that apples, bananas, and zucchini aren't photo worthy.

On tonight's episode Ina Garten made brownie pudding for her and Jeffrey's 40th anniversary.

I immediately walked to the kitchen to try it myself. Watching her scoop out the not-quite-done-on-the-inside yet crunchy-on-the-outside brownie was just more than I could handle. I cooked them 15 minutes less than she recommended, but it was still too much. With a scoop of vanilla ice cream, though, it was just right. If you're an Ina fan, you know that she says, "How bad could that be?" nearly every episode. Andrew and I laugh every time.

One of our new staples in the weekly menu is a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich.

The best part (well, other than the freshly shredded sharp cheddar, the thick Texas toast, the Eggland's Best eggs, and the bacon-that-doesn't-make-your-house-stink-for-days) is that Andrew is in charge of this meal. I don't have to lift a finger, and in minutes I'm served with a warm, tasty sandwich for dinner. This pregnancy thing is really starting to work out well for me.

It may not look like it, but this is actually healthy.

This blueberry coffee cake is made with whole wheat flour, yogurt, only 2 tablespoons of butter and oil and just a trace of sugar.

Which totally gave me permission to eat a few servings today.

I made this dessert pizza for Mom's birthday a few weeks ago.

With a few individual servings for me:)

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I am going to have the bacon egg and cheese ASAP!! And don't think this post excuses you from a week 16 update!!

Rachel said...

Ina is one of the shows I like to watch when I'm walking on the treadmill. New business idea: Cafe McAffry: Sandwiches and Sweets & Everyday Treats.