Wednesday, February 17, 2010

17 Weeks

With our unexpected day off on Monday, I found myself in the kitchen trying to use up some of the things in our pantry.

And what could be better than blueberry scones?

How about blueberry scones with lemon glaze? Mmmmm.

My attempt to use the loaf of French bread before it went bad (to make french toast sandwiches) wasn't as cost-effective. Andrew ended up running to the grocery for cream cheese and apricot preserves.

Luckily Dad whipped up some fruit salad to balance out all those sweets.

Feeling a little under the weather at 17 weeks and wondering why there isn't more research about medications' effect on pregnancy.

We had a checkup today and thankfully were able to hear the heartbeat on the first try. Baby McAffry's heart was going strong at 145 beats per minutes. I've heard this from others, but it really did sound like a galloping horse. In exactly three weeks we will have the all-important gender-revealing ultrasound. Both grandmas are going with us, and we can't wait to experience that moment with them!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Galloping sounds more like a boy according to my scientific research. Also according to my scientific research, squishier heartbeats indicate a girl. My scientific research has exactly a 50% chance of being correct. :)

What I am is a......Good Southern Girl said...

Both of mine sounded like swishing/swimming; both were girls....how that works out with the galloping theory I have no idea. Haha!

Amy Williams said...

You look so beautiful! I wish I were there to experience this time with you!