While I'm resting up, I decided I'd try to redeem myself from the whole Nebraska Patriots thing, so I'm watching the World Series with Andrew. Besides calling Pedro Martinez "Manny" as in Ramirez, things are going well so far. Too bad I already missed the highlight of the game - John Legend singing the National Anthem. Honestly, it's going to take some serious restraint to keep from using the sick card to get Andrew to let me watch Grey's Anatomy and Real Housewives tonight. (My apologies about that sentence. I just don't have time to deal with fixing all those infinitives. Gotta ask Andrew who we're rooting for!)
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Laid Out
Today marks the first day in four years that I have actually used an unplanned sick day. I've used a few for being out of town, but today I woke up feeling awful but not willing to change my lesson plans for a substitute, so I went in anyway. Halfway through first period, realizing things were going downhill fast, I called for a sub for the second half of the day. My three hour nap helped give me a little strength and now I'm feeling much better, though it seems I'm always better at night. We'll see what tomorrow morning brings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You definitely deserved a day off. I hate that you couldn't enjoy it to the fullest. I'm glad you're feeling better. I had no idea. We're rooting for the Phillies.
Post a Comment