Friday, October 16, 2009

Family

Last weekend we celebrated five Cole family birthdays. It's so fun being part of such a big family.

Eighteen of the twenty in the Cole family were in attendance; that's a rarity.

Guess who was the star of the show?

None other than Miss Lucy.

Yesterday Lindsay and I drove through the rain to see Brittany in Johnson City.

This long overdue two hour visit was worth the three hour drive. Brittany graciously treated us to lunch at Cafe Lola, a lovely little French bistro. If you're ever in the area, I highly recommend it. When we we saw the dessert menu, we just couldn't decide which one to share so we shared three different desserts! Man I love these girls.

Since we can't make it to Audrey's 8th - yes, that is her 8th birthday - on Saturday night, we decided to take her shopping.

She chose to go to Target - my kind of gal. I got sidetracked a few times, but we made it to the girls section, and she found the perfect outfit.

A girl after my own heart, she chose ice cream instead of a pretzel at Target.

Menchie's in Turkey Creek is officially my new fave. After our California trip, we dreamed about opening our own self-serve yogurt shop because they were on every corner out there, but somebody has beat us to it.

Audrey wanted to draw on the chalkboard before we left. She wrote "I love Andrew and Sarah." Couldn't have given us a sweeter thank you.

Oh, and she drew a heart, a peace sign, and earth. We may have a little free spirit on our hands. When Andrew asked her why she erased the earth she drew, she said, "I don't draw good earths." Hilarious.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I wish the Lucy picture could have been a video!! Her dancing was awesome!! I also love the picture of you, Brittany and Lindsay. Ya'll are beautiful and I love that you are still close to your bestests since kindergarten.

Rachel said...

How is it that every littl kid in your family is so stinking cute? I'm definitely thinking a trip to the yogurt bar could be in my near future.