Sunday, September 13, 2009

More of the Same

I'm wondering if you can really call it Saturday when your alarm goes off at 5:30 AM.  That's exactly how ours started since we were supervising the Praxis test at Bearden Middle.  Somehow we lucked out by working half the time we normally do while also getting paid double what we normally do.  No complaints here.

Andrew wants to make it known that as soon as he finds that elusive job, we won't be doing this anymore.  We'll let him think that anyway.

With this attire, I don't think any test-takers questioned where we were headed.

We had a blast tailgating with friends all afternoon.  

Entrance requirement: oversized sunglasses.

Maybe a little premature?

Since it was my first game of the season, we hiked through the sea of orange to get to the Vol Walk.

I started regretting it when the claustrophobia kicked in.  Andrew lifted me up to remedy that, and it just so happened to be a great angle for pictures.

Next time we'll get there a little earlier; this was all I saw of the players - a quick glance through the front of the bus.  I did however get to see them rocking the bus back and forth.  Just when I began fearing for my safety, I looked at the bus driver, and he didn't seem concerned, so I let it go.

We finally found Matt and his crew in the tailgating madness, but much to his relief, I forgot to take a picture.  Just add a thick mountain man beard to the Torchbearer, and we'll call it close enough.

Much to my relief, I didn't have a ticket to the game so I went home after the Vol Walk.  The atmosphere and hanging with friends - love it; as for the game - I can take it or leave it.  I enjoyed some much needed solitary time at home watching a foreign film that Andrew wanted nothing to do with.  I've never really appreciated animated films, but Persepolis is in a class of its own: witty, insightful, profound.  I also found myself rereading Crazy Love.  Somehow I ended up in the fifth chapter which ironically was the inspiration behind today's sermon/drama.  If you didn't see it, be sure to catch it on the Powell Church website this week, along with my annual attempt at a semi-solo.  The night ended with a much needed run along the greenway.  Nothing like a little running to clear the mind and find some clarity.  

Today, always my favorite day of the week, I spent some quality time with most of my favorite people.  Lunch with the rents and my brotha, a visit with MamaEse, a meeting with my new bible study group, dinner at Andrew's parents, a walk with my girls.  I threw a much needed nap in there, too.  Looking forward to a week of more of the same. 

3 comments:

Angelina said...

The caption for our pic is hilarious. Seriously, I love my sunglasses, but they cover Half of my face!! And I read Persepolis for English las year and LOVED it. The book is wonderful, I have it if you want to read it. I would like to watch the movie If you still have it in your posession.

Rachel said...

I knew I'd be missing a fun weekend. You all look so cute in your orange and white.

melissa said...

Ive never seen so much orange!! Well, yes I have..anyway, I also love the pics of the kids...EG has become quite a ham...read my blog to see what she did to me this weekend...oh boy...I'll be in touch w/you about some upcoming events...