Sunday, September 20, 2009

Wild Ride

My alter ego, Sarah C., you know the laid-back, adventurous, artsy girl, had quite an exciting weekend. It started with a session on Friday with Tate S. in celebration of his upcoming one year birthday. The weather held out for about thirty minutes, and then it unleashed on us. Luckily we found a fun little nook under cover to take some pictures, and his parents graciously let him play around in the rain for some fun pictures at the end.

Click here to see more of this sweet face.

Saturday morning, back as regular ole Sarah, I coordinated a tennis clinic for middle and high school players in effort to raise some money for a ball machine and a new net. We had a great turnout; nearly twenty kids showed up. My hope is that we can generate more interest in the community for the sport, and who knows - maybe this could even become an annual event.

Saturday night, Sarah C. made another appearance at the Oak Ridge High School Reunion for the Class of 1969. I was the second shooter for another local photographer. He taught me so much in the few hours I worked with him, and I can only think of one reason I shouldn't do it again - equipment envy! Surprisingly I have made it through the weekend without buying a new lens, but it hasn't been easy; I'm not making any promises about what might go down on B&H in the near future.

Tonight we started the new Beth Moore study "The Inheritance." I'm not sure what I think about not having homework in this study because it is usually so fruitful, but maybe that will just leave more time to allow the truths we learn to sink in. Not only is Moore an incredible Bible teacher, but the lady seriously cracks me up. Tonight she talked about how if you are bored or boring, you are out of God's will. Believe it or not, many of her main points came directly from Paris Hilton's Confessions of an Heiress.

Here are a few of the notes I took from the DVD we watched tonight:
  • There is more to life than being good.
  • It's only a wild ride if somebody else is driving, so let go of the wheel and scoot over.
  • Control freaks do not have fun.
You know when you feel like the preacher's sermon was just for you - as if no one else is in the room because it speaks so specifically to your life? The comments above did just that for me. I'm so excited about this study, and where it will take me. I've been doing the wild drive for a while; I'm officially ready for the wild ride.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Busy weekend. Sounds like a great study with a different kind of "homework."