Monday, September 7, 2009

In Perspective

Even though I'd never even consider entering the ridiculous crowds at Boomsday, I never miss this fireworks display that has become one of my favorite events in Knoxville. I was spoiled for years when we used to make a whole day of riding Papaw's houseboat from Fort Loudon Marina down the river to the city (not to be confused with over the river and through the woods). There is no better place to watch the show. The last few years we mourned the loss of the houseboat and instead watched it from the World's Fair Park - a nice place to still feel in the action without all the claustrophobia issues.


This year we watched the Labor Day festivities from Cherokee Bluff behind UT hospital.

Thanks Brooke for sharing your incredible view.

And for letting us, all 8 of us, invade your house.

The smoke this year was worse than I ever remember it being.

These gentlemen could hardly enjoy the show for all the anticipation about next week's game still six days away.

After laboring most of the holiday away, Andrew and I treated ourselves to some baby time at Melissa's.

I'm sure as a parent you get over thinking every little thing they do as being terribly cute, but as an aunt, I can still think that, right?

I don't remember what this was about though I'm sure it was very important business.

Katelyn with her Nana and without a care in the world.

As I begin to feel the stress of the week creeping up on me, thinking about these sweet little ones is reminding me to keep things in perspective. Thank you Audrey, Madelyn, Jake, Emma Grace, and Katelyn.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

They sure are cuties and it looked like a great view for the show on Sunday.

Sheila said...

Your pictures of Emma Grace have been some of my all time favorites. I just LOVE her sweet face!!

Sheila said...

Oh my goodness. I LOVE the new header!!!! Awesome!! Can you please help me make a new one?? When you have time.....