**Raised eyebrows and intensely firm voice.
I feel like I'm not in control right now. (Pause.) I don't like not being in control. (Pause.) I can rule with an iron fist if I have to. (Extra long pause with fist slightly raised for dramatic effect.) Do you understand?
**Abrupt switch to sweet teacher voice.
Now, don't forget to study for that quiz, class. I can't wait to see you tomorrow!
I haven't had to raise my voice since. In fact, we have shared a few laughs over my iron fist speech.

3 comments:
Love it!!! I wish it worked as well for me. I have had to use that tactic...oh...let's see...yep...pretty sure that would be everyday!
Too Too funny....something in me just cant see Aunt Sarah raising her voice at anyone, esp obnoxious teenagers!! well, maybe at obnoxious teenagers lol
I think last week must have been the end of the honeymoon period. I know a few other teachers that had to use their "teacher voices" last week, including your's truly.
Post a Comment