And it continues...
27. I wish I was Australian and could say "Sorry Mate" like Patrick Rafter when this happens.
28. I am not naturally athletic. I have to work really hard at it.
29. I played little league softball and almost got somebody out once.
30. I hate using the flash on my camera.
31. I almost refuse to take pictures inside because I don't know enough about lighting.
32. For every decent picture you see on the blog, I have taken 20 others that had to be deleted.
33. I still haven't figured out how to organize digital photos. I have them on iPhoto, smugmug, and Snapfish and haven't printed hardly any of them in years.
34. I have picture frames displayed in my house that have been empty for 6 months.
35. I haven't cleaned a bathroom in 6 months. It is now Andrew's chore. Yes, he is that wonderful.
36. I cleaned other people's bathrooms when we first got married. I hope to never to that again.
37. I am for hire for almost anything other than that (house-sitting, dog-sitting, standardized testing).
38. Extra jobs are the only way I get to go shopping because I budget nearly every penny we make.
39. I plan how our money will be spent years before we make it.
40. I just might spend a little too much time planning, thinking and worrying about money.
41. I like to invite people over for the company and because it makes me clean my house.
42. I love when people call me Martha Stewart. Feel free to drop that in a comment sometime.
43. While in college, I allowed myself one piece of 50 cent pumpkin bread from the UT Bakery every Friday. I have the recipe for it, but it just isn't the same.
44. I only allow myself a latte (made in my Bialetti Mukka Cappuccino Maker, not Starbucks, remember the limited budget) once a week because I don't want to get addicted to caffeine.
45. I allow myself one Bojangles Cajun filet biscuit each week.
46. I like to test my will power.
45. I just read that some people build their identity on things like self-discipline rather than on God. Oops.
46. I get up at 5:15 for my devotional every weekday morning because it is the only way I have ever been consistent with it.
47. Another form of finding my identity in self-discipline? Goodness. I just can't get ahead.
48. When the vocalists in the band at church started rotating and I began singing in the congregation, Andrew told me, "Hey, we sing melody out here."
49. I have sung harmony so long that I have a hard time even hearing the melody anymore.
50. Mischa, the sound guy at church, wouldn't believe this, but I sing REALLY, REALLY loud in the car.

5 comments:
Ok, so with the self-discipline theme of this post I take back what I said about you getting so much from me. That part of you does not come from your dad OR I!!
Oops I mean your dad or me!!
Hey Sarah! I just wanted to say hi and tell you I was reading. I missed seeing you up on stage this week. Kat even asked where you were but now I know you guys are rotating.
I too have your “problem” with planning and to-do lists. And when I describe you and your mom I often, if not every time, use the name Martha Stewart :) it’s something I admire about you both.
I especially like numbers 13 through 17, 32, 34 & 40, mostly because we have them in common.
AND I hope to run the Nashville ½ next year. We’ll see how that goes. Okay this is a long comment, but it’s been a while. Hope you are well!
Amy
(Welch)
That UT pumpkin bread is sooo good. Any weight I gained in college back in the 90s could be directly attributed to the fact that I lived in North Carrick, right across the courtyard from the bakery. Oh man... I loved that stuff.
Rob has been giving me tennis lessons and he says that his biggest problem is also his toss. Now that you both have mentioned it, I'm pretty sure it's my biggest problem too!
I didn't realize you played high school tennis... that's cool.
Little known fact about me... I played high school tennis my freshman year at Farragut. I was #8 singles and to make the team, I had to play against a guy and the winner made the team. I barely won... his name was Chris Moneymaker and he is now a world famous poker player. He won five million dollars a few years ago in the World Series of Poker. So I guess he had the last laugh...
Amy,
That's funny. People keep asking me why I'm not singing anymore. They think I have quit or something! Not a chance! Thanks for the facebook comment on my dress BTW!
Adkins family,
Have you been able to find the pumpkin bread lately? I have been to the bakery several times and they didn't have it. I haven't found another that measures up.
Post a Comment