We have decided to make our trip to see Behold the Lamb of God at the Ryman an annual one - that is until it hit us that next year it might be a bit more difficult to manage :) We'll just have to see how that works out, won't we? It is such a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday and the Christmas season all at once.

We checked in at the Union Station Hotel just before hitting the town.

The lobby of this place is unbelievable. Another one of those perks of being a teacher is getting a discount at hotels on the historic register.
We dined at the Spaghetti Factory, just like last year, then walked to the Ryman. Let me just say, it's a good thing that place has so much history because their wooden pews ain't so comfy. The show makes the constant rear-shifting worth it though. The music was again breathtaking, awe-inspiring, and refreshing. Andrew Peterson's awkward introductions always make for some good laughs too. I was so excited to see Leigh Nash (of Sixpence None the Richer) on the program, but when she tried to sing along and didn't even know the words, I was flabbergasted. What disrespect! It almost distracted me so much that I couldn't enjoy the final song, but Jill Phillips' soul-piercing harmonies quickly brought me back. Thanks, Jill. Hope to see the whole crew again next year!
Before leaving town on Friday, we made a quick (well, I sure tried to make it quick) stop at Anthropologie and the Mall at Green Hills. I discovered my new favorite and much too expensive children's clothing store - Janie and Jack. At least I can find it on ebay! Of course, we couldn't leave town without dropping by the Cheesecake Factory either. Their cobb salad is the best. Well, that and their strawberry cheesecake.
This entire long weekend felt just like a repeat of last year because we had a Christmas party with our small group the day after we returned from Nashville - on my birthday - just like last year.

It really was a miserable time. Can you tell?


4 comments:
There is a place next to Cities cupcakes off kingston pike in the bearden area (close to Homberg) that is upscale resale and sale the Janie and Jack clothing line (both resale and new)..I haven't ever been in there though=) I don't know what the prices are like..but it is supposed to be a nice store.
Good to know. Will definitely check that out!
Hello...that's what grandmothers are for!!!
for keeping babies while you take a trip I mean!
Post a Comment