Monday, December 28, 2009

Madelyn's Date Night

Looks like we have a track record for skipping out on birthday parties this year, but I missed Maddie's celebration at Chucky Cheese due to a photo shoot so we took her out for a date night instead.

First stop: Target. She got to pick out her own presents. Easy enough.

She ended up with a massive Princess activity book, a regular book, and her favorite - the $2 microphone.

Funny side story. We also picked up a gift for a Dirty Santa while we were there. Though we didn't realize it until the following night on our way to the Dirty Santa exchange, we left the gift in Maddie's bag. No biggie, we thought, we'll just drive over and pick it up. Trouble was, Maddie thought the Punkie Brewster DVD was hers, so they opened it up and watched it the night before. Apparently she is now a Punkie Brewster fan; we just couldn't bear taking it away from her, so we picked up a can of Spam on the way to the party instead. No harm, no foul :)

And what birthday date would be complete without a little ice cream?

I am proud to have given Maddie her first Marble Slab experience. And let it be noted that I had none. This pregnancy thing is really messing with me!

Here's a link to the reason I missed the party :)

2 comments:

What I am is a......Good Southern Girl said...

Someone I know is really excited to get started in the sewing room for Baby Mac. Any ideas on colors? Patterns? French inspired?

Sarah C said...

Oohhh! Miriam! Glad to have found your blog. Mom and I went to Gina's today and found all kinds of fabric for bedding. We need to talk :)