Tuesday, December 1, 2009

We Have a Heartbeat!


What we learned at today's ultrasound:
  • I'm 5 weeks 6 days.
  • The heartbeat started yesterday. Ah-mazing.
  • The heartbeat was 113 beats per minute - too early for the gender test. Any thoughts on whether or not it's true that girls' heartbeats are faster?
  • Baby McAffry measured at 3 millimeters. So unbelievably tiny!
  • My due date is July 28. Andrew is already worried about deciding to send Baby Mc to kindergarten at 4 or 5 years old. Guess we will have time to figure that out :)
The first of a multitude of pictures to come!

5 comments:

Sheila said...

This is so fun!!!

melissa said...

This is my future neice or nephew's 1st picture!!....Baby looks great!!! Russ and I just watched your video telling your mom and dad, too cute!!...Sheila, you are Oscar worthy with your emotional response....ha ha..CONGRATS,,love you guys!

Angelina said...

Well,I think You have to send him/her to kindergarten if they are 5 on or before Sept.30! Unless you all know something I don't, which is extremely possible seeing as how you are a teacher LOL! I just think its funny how he is already worried about school! Get through the no sleep and terrible three's first and then worry about school!
Love you both and I wish I could have seen your faces when you saw the heartbeat!

Sheila said...

I do know that when Matt was 5 on Sept 26, we held him back a year. He started kindergarten just a few weeks before he turned 6! But that was a loooong time ago. It used to be that the parents could decide. Things may be different now!

Shannon Kelley said...

yay!!!! Congrats! What a fun time for you! You're due two days before I was with Lena (I won't tell you her birthday...let's just say don't get too attached to that date!) When do you find out if its a girl or boy?