You may have noticed the blog silence here at The Handwriting on the Wall as of late. It's not that I didn't have anything to say; it's just that everything seemed insignificant until I could say this. After five years of marriage, Andrew and I are excited to announce that this party of two is about to become a party of three. We're going to be parents!
As excited as we were to find out, we were almost as excited to tell my parents. Check out this video to see the play by play.
Check this link if the video above doesn't work.

What did Mom and I do immediately after sharing the good news? Go to Target of course!
I'm so glad we didn't run into anybody we knew because our giddy faces would have given us away. We had to buy something gender neutral, so we went with the multifunctional Boppy. The lady at the cash register asked if we needed a gift receipt, and we both couldn't stop giggling. "No, we don't need a gift receipt. It's for us!"

I can't wait to see this Dad in action.

Me on the day of the first ultrasound.

Mom brought me a Pregnancy Survival Kit complete with Tums, chocolate, and baby lotion - just to get used to the baby smell. :)

With the cookies, doughnuts, and brownies Mama Ese has been bringing me, I might be needing this a little sooner than expected. Thanks, Rachel!
My next ultrasound on Tuesday should provide me with a more definitive due date. I look forward to journaling Baby McAffry's development with you all.


5 comments:
YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!! There are no words to describe how excited I am! I also cannot wait to see you in action as a mom!
Well this is about the best news I've heard ALL YEAR! So excited for you! Love you, Sarah! You'll be a wonderful mother. We'll have to teach you how to play...
I thought you might break out the mommy band for Thanksgiving dinner. Your mom is so on top of things--Baby McAffry is surely a lucky little baby to have such a wonderful family.
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!
I am so happy for you!
I hope you know this great-grandfather is truly looking forward to "Baby McCaffry" The video was a great idea and I couldn't help choking up watching my daughter (and son-in-law) receive the news. What a special time! Love you and Andrew, Papaw
Post a Comment